1. Hours or miles are accepted for mileage,
and placed on the form.
2. Horses must be ATHA
3. A donation of $25 is needed to participate. This
a non-profit association, cover the cost of the initial logo
patch, keep a database of miles completed, and then the mile
patches afterwards, at 50-100-200-300 etc.., plus mail them
back to you. Also a portion
of the proceeds will go to your local or national trail advocacy
group, (as decided by atha), to help them preserve
the trails in your area! Other trail mileage program incentivies
or items will be listed as they come available.This is just
the beginning of the program...
4. Your trail mileage is converted from hours to miles at a
1 to 2 ratio. 1 hour equals 2 miles. We work this at a walk
pace. Patches will have miles completed on them, not hours.
5. Program runs from Jan.1st, 2003 to Dec. 31st, 2004.
6. Your Trail Miles membership number is your equine's registry
number. This helps us keep the correct miles with the correct
7. As always, all breeds, ages, and types are welcome in the
program. Email us about our special 4H programs, for the smaller
8. Use your program to establish awareness for all trail horses,
but don't abuse the it. Everyone goes at their own rate, depending
on weather, time availability, etc.. More miles doesn't mean
you have a better horse, just that you have more time. But courteous
of fellow trail riders and their feelings. ATHA recognizes outstanding
trail horses of all levels, and never promotes competition between
horses or riders.
9. Have fun,
and Happy Trails....
Your Trail Mileage Forms
Pay Your Donation to ATHA via Paypal